Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sigrid visits from Germany


Mom's friend of 58 years spent five days with us. The two of them went to grade school together and also worked in the airline industry at the same time, marlies for Lufthansa and Sigrid for Air France. They went to a six-month training program to understand flight payload planning and worked in the back office at the airport for close to 11 years.

During Sigrid's visit, we got out three times, for food of course.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigrid's visit had to be a wonderful gift. This is a great picture - like it much better than the "Colossus Lingua". On first look - thought Jackie was there (Montgomery cousin) they sure favor. I know you must have enjoyed the three "food" trips. George

July 14, 2006 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, the picture of you, Sigrid, Pat and Kim is great. Longtime friends are such treasures!

I'll have to admit that, after seeing the "Colossus Lingua" I tried to think of a "tongue-in-cheek" comment, butI fell silent. I guess the cat got my tongue. Have we totally worn out the tongue joke now???? I hope??!!

We love you Marlies.....

July 14, 2006 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian, Patrick, Kim and Michael, please give Marlies a gentle hug and kiss for us. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all.

August 05, 2006 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home