We hope this web log for Marlies gives those both of close and distant acquaintance the ability to share stories and wishes as she tries to survive Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Colossus Lingua
A strange sideeffect of the steroid Marlies is taking is an enlarged tongue, strikingly similar to a cow's. Hehe. We're kidding of course, she's got a piece of beef tongue in her mouth.
I just had a heart attack, you can come right now with the oxygen tank!!! Crazies, do not let Marlies see this or she will absolutely faint....wait till I show Dennis!!! Luanne Lowe emailed to check it out, now I am really hesitant to open this BLOG!!! Hugs and kisses, on the forehead, NOT the cheeks (tongue in cheek)!!!
ATTENTION!!!PLEASE WITHHOLD WHATEVER MEDS YOU ARE GIVING MY PRECIOUS SISTER-IN-LAW--NO MORE SUSHI--find a resturant that serves good ole southern cooking--and maybe that bad case of ANAPHYLAXIS (LOOK IT UP!) WILL IMPROVE!!!
What are you people smoking (or drinking) up there???? It was very late last night when I "found" your latest blog picture--needless to say, I had a very restless night!!! Can't wait to hear Mary Dell's reaction!! Marlies, hope your good friend arrived from Germany o.k.--know you two will enjoy visiting--wish I could hear all that German gabbing--would REALLY be fun to KNOW what you were saying!! You should have heard me TRYING to describe this latest photo to Rex--we needed sound-- What??? a beef tongue???? was it COOKED??? O.K. Brian--You got me again--what's hazmat suit?????Give it to me gently--I do so hate to feel dumb--happens often! Have a good weekend everyone. Love and Hugs,Auntie M
Hello Marlies! Your culinary adventures sound delicious! When Erik and I were honeymooning and speeding through Germany on the autobahn, I got to try some gulasch soup and weinerschnitzel (sp?) at various rest stops, yummy! I throughly enjoy your blog; have Michael or Kim go to www.e-time.com and link to our wedding and honeymoon photos. Kudos on the website Brian...only you could pen such witticisms- is colossus lingua really a disease?
I thought it was due to the "Goat-Butt Borritos" the "tongue thang"... Good to see you "out and about" for some fine dining. Your children are examples for all the generations - the care and love. Trust your flowers continue to be a bright spot in your day. George
9 Comments:
I just had a heart attack, you can come right now with the oxygen tank!!! Crazies, do not let Marlies see this or she will absolutely faint....wait till I show Dennis!!! Luanne Lowe emailed to check it out, now I am really hesitant to open this BLOG!!! Hugs and kisses, on the forehead, NOT the cheeks (tongue in cheek)!!!
We hesitated a couple weeks before posting this photo, but in the end thought it was too funny not to share.
Sister WILL call me screaming BEFORE she READS the blog, she will FLIP and YOU are responsible!!!
Hilarious, your mom continues to be a great sport, I can hear her giggle right now, miss all of you!
I'm putting on my hazmat suit...
ATTENTION!!!PLEASE WITHHOLD WHATEVER MEDS YOU ARE GIVING MY PRECIOUS SISTER-IN-LAW--NO MORE SUSHI--find a resturant that serves good ole southern cooking--and maybe that bad case of ANAPHYLAXIS (LOOK IT UP!) WILL IMPROVE!!!
What are you people smoking (or drinking) up there???? It was very late last night when I "found" your latest blog picture--needless to say, I had a very restless night!!!
Can't wait to hear Mary Dell's reaction!!
Marlies, hope your good friend arrived from Germany o.k.--know you two will enjoy visiting--wish I could hear all that German gabbing--would REALLY be fun to KNOW what you were saying!!
You should have heard me TRYING to describe this latest photo to Rex--we needed sound-- What??? a beef tongue???? was it COOKED???
O.K. Brian--You got me again--what's hazmat suit?????Give it to me gently--I do so hate to feel dumb--happens often!
Have a good weekend everyone. Love and Hugs,Auntie M
Hazmat = Hazardous Materials
Like the kind of suit needed to cleanup toxic spills or tennis balls soaked in gasoline (but that's a story for another day).
p.s. Sorry to scare you Jennifer Cassou!
Hello Marlies! Your culinary adventures sound delicious! When Erik and I were honeymooning and speeding through Germany on the autobahn, I got to try some gulasch soup and weinerschnitzel (sp?) at various rest stops, yummy!
I throughly enjoy your blog; have Michael or Kim go to www.e-time.com and link to our wedding and honeymoon photos. Kudos on the website Brian...only you could pen such witticisms- is colossus lingua really a disease?
I thought it was due to the "Goat-Butt Borritos" the "tongue thang"... Good to see you "out and about" for some fine dining. Your children are examples for all the generations - the care and love. Trust your flowers continue to be a bright spot in your day. George
Post a Comment
<< Home