Saturday, June 03, 2006

No platelets but a little dim sum

Our oncologist recommended against platelet tranfusions given the lack of severity of the current bruising and the limited effectiveness of these transfusion (2-3 days).

We were out again today for a pleasant dim sum at China Garden in Arlington, VA.

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great being able to know what's going on with you, Marlies.


I'll be going to Boston June 13th, and Steve and Dong Qing sometimes take me to a dim sum restaurant. That's always a fun adventure for me.

Here's hoping your energy level increases without a transfusion.

We love you!! Ben and Lelo

June 03, 2006 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm the last family member to figure out how to leave comments...and that only after putting out a "Help!" call to computer literate sons and daughters-in-law.
I'm so grateful for the pictures and updates.
Marlies, seeing you with a twinkle in your eyes, OUT and about, surrounded by loving family and friends warms my heart.
An outing a day obviously works better than the proverbial apple!
Betty Lane called before they boarded their ferry to MacKinac Island about 2:30. She and John want to hitch their love and prayers onto ours. All of you hang in there. Anne & Earl

June 04, 2006 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps! I see your granddaughter's name is spelled Maya! She was a toddler the only time I was with her at Aunt Mary Alice's years ago, and I hear she is seven now! How the years have flown! On her next visit, I hope you can post a picture of her with you so we can all have an up-to-date picture of her.
It is absolutely beautiful her in Atlanta today, and I hope it has been the same for you so you could enjoy your breakfast outside.
Much love to you and your children. Anne H.

June 07, 2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home