Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Long lunch at 2 Amys in DC


We took mom to this unique pizzeria in the District today and had a great time. We also picked up some Beef tongue for tomorrow's breakfast (that's right Mary Dell, eat your tongue out).

A quick note about the comments on the blog. Mom loves them; she's just a bit too tired to dictate responses.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all look great, glad I'm not there for breakfast tomorrow! But I do miss you three bunches, don't worry about answering the blogs, they are for Marlies to enjoy and giggle...and you also!! Dennis and I just returned from Krogering on Senior Citizens Day and sat down in the mosquito net gazebo outside for advertising, he started snoring and I started bobbing my head, we almost camped outside Kroger for the night! Sleep tight and dream of your next excursion, they get better...poor tongue!!!Is it really tasteful or distasteful?! I love you all, Alice

June 07, 2006 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanted to pop in an let you know that we're thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. Mike forwarded me your blog link, I think its wonderful. The paintings that you've posted are beautiful, especially the first flower arrangement.

Pizza lunch sounds delicious, though I'm not too sure about the beef tongue either... =)

We love you all,

Charlie, Angela and Brianna

June 07, 2006 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both blogs with Brian and Marlies, the resemblance is striking! Sorry Kim, big brother got to mom's gene pool first. Both of you obviously received generous portions of her inner beauty and wit.
Keep adventuring. Perhaps you should start your own restaurant review column.
Hugs for all. Anne H.

June 08, 2006 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, really enjoyed our conversation the other day. You were watching the cooking channel and that and some blogs reminded me to tell you that I went with Chap and a friend to eat Chinese food. They ate CHICKEN FEET. I almost lost my appetite.

The manicotti at Provinos was good but not as good as yours.

Just talked to Paula in Frankfort. Hope you got her email. She says there are lots of soccer folks from England there. She likes her hotel.

Also hope you got the pictures of the yard. "My garden, my therapy" Kim, I'm impressed with your gardening skills. I suggest water grabbers if keeping the flowers watered is a pain.

Love you,

June 09, 2006 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home