Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Chocolate keeps Marlies happy


Several packages from Germany have arrived in the last several weeks. The Fassbender & Rausch company out of Berlin is top notch confectionery (thanks Moni!).

Mom is still doing well. We are taking her back to the pizza place today, she's been craving it for the entire week. Mary Dell, we'll take a picture of the pizza this time.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, good to hear you continue to do well.
Wow! Do you know the right people! The picture of the box of chocolates sets off wild yearnings. They look absolutely yummy.

Saturday Earl & I fly to Boston where we will see Steve and his family PLUS Leolene who is there visiting. It has been a while since we were with Bella (4) & Sophie (2) so we know it will be fun.
Sunday we begin a week in the Cape Cod area which should be lovely and a great change from city living. Will be off-line until June 24, but our heart stings will still be sending you love. Anne H.

June 14, 2006 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, I thought I was on the wrong blog, do I remember this type candy....you always gave to mama, she loved! So great to hear your pizza appetite is strong too, keep those kids 'restaurante hopping', wish I could join you, have a great day, love and prayers!(I love reading Anne Haltiwangwer's blogs!)

June 15, 2006 6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, The picture of that box of candy made my mouth water--please save me one(light chocolate-with nuts--your LEAST favorite!)When you gave me chocolates, I tried my best to put them in an obscure place--to make 'em last. Never worked!!Those must have been the days when I could remember where I put things!!And could I ever stop with just ONE piece at the time like you do??Never!! Hope to catch you at a good time on the 'phone soon. Love to all,Marguerite

June 15, 2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Hey Brian and Marlies! Patrick finally sent along the URL and I am very much enjoying reading about all your excursions and culinary adventures. Looks like more fun than a basket of kittens. Patrick is notably absent, though - where's that picture you took, Brian??

June 15, 2006 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, well, more than one of my sisters has a "way with words". By now you should have been out for the pizza - trust all enjoyed. Joann and Griff are off to Michigan to visit with Camille and family. The three - Joann, Trey and Camille - still talk of the time you gave of your home for their vacation and how much they enjoyed that trip - couldn't have anything to do with me not being there.... Good to have the recent pictures. Love to all, George

June 16, 2006 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, I'm so glad Brian set this up for you so we can visit with you this way. I'm glad you're feeling like going out for pizza. Mammaw had a picture from the newspaper of Zachary throwing a pizza when he worked at Mellow Mushroom. Love pepperoni and white cheese.

Must send my order to Chap for German chocolates since Paula didn't bring them. She had a great time but would have enjoyed it more if all the soccer fans had gone to sleep at night.

Went to the High Museum today to see a wonderful exhibt of quilts made in Alabama. Saw Paula also.

Am getting ready to paint some yard chairs I bought at Goodwill last week. Always looking for a bargain.

We celebrated a long distance birthday today with Lee. Can't believe we are all getting older.

All of you are in my prayers every day and it's wonderful to have your children taking such good care of you.

Love you muchly,
Anne

June 16, 2006 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Marlies and others,
Well the joke is on us. Chap brought back German chocolate but not the yummy ones in your picture. Ours are Lindt Excellence 99% cocoa/cacao. It is soooooo bitter there is no way to diguise it even with walnuts or almonds. Got any suggestions?

I hope for you a wonderful day today.

June 25, 2006 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, the weather - rain and storms in your area - trust they haven't destroyed your flowers and view. Homer and his bitter chocolate seems like a purchase I would make. Maybe you can give Ann W the directions on how for them to enjoy the treats. Pray that the days are getting better. George

June 26, 2006 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the rain hasn't dampened us too much in Woodbridge. I can't say the same for my house in Arlington which had over a foot of water in the basement. Wash DC is relatively safe from most natural disasters, but it is a low lying swamp - why did they pick this location as a capital?

June 27, 2006 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Anne, Lindt is usually a top notch chocolate, maybe Chap got a "deal" on that particular box? hehe

Hope you all are doing well.

June 27, 2006 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home