Monday, May 29, 2006

Brot mit Butter und Schinken

Heaven for mom is a nice piece of bread with butter and a little prosciutto or salami.
 Posted by Picasa

33 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben and Lelo send Love, Love, Love and kisses to you, Marlies.
We're sending you a message by way of Alice and Rete.

May 30, 2006 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey all you yankee cuzins and aunt marlies. this is my virgin blog attempt.:) hope mom and alice are behaving and that all their ooey gooey southern charm will be helpful and healing. looks like everyone was having a good time at lunch. sure is a mighty big bowl of something delicious looking right in front of mom. marlies looks good and so glad she was up for the "sistas" visit. mom has been wanting to come for a long time. so far, so good here at home with pop. he complimented my "service" tonight by saying that wine tastes much better out of a real wine glass. i guess mom serves him wine in a mason jar or a sippy cup. so far, no complaints and the medicine has been doled out in a timely manner...1 for him, 3 for me!!! hope the rest of the southern sistas visit is just a lot of talking, maybe some tears, and lots of laughter and more beauiful lunches on the back porch. hugs and kisses all around, hope you can feel all the love and support that's being sent your way by soooo many who love you and marlies. take care of one another and next picture on the blog, make kimberly stand sideways so i can see her progress:) love ya'll and praying for ya'll, mary dell

May 31, 2006 11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving these pictures. I can see you're having a great time visiting.

Newflash....I am officially retired as of today! I'll teach parttime next year, but I'm joining Alice's club as a retiree. Whoopee! Ben is a bit jealous, but he has turned in a letter of intent to retire summer '07.

Y'all have fun, now. Love you. Lelo and Ben

June 01, 2006 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies,

We know it means a lot to have Rete and Alice visit with you and your family. Joann and I keep you in our prayers. You have a special place in our hearts. Love to you. George

June 02, 2006 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marleis, My 1st blogging experience!!! Henry and I certainly remember your kindness to our oldest boy, Lee, when his shoes didn't fit the 1st month of his plebe year at The Citadel!! Poor kid, his feet hurt and you and Walker took him under your wings and found him the right shoes!! He has a darling granddaughter now, our 1st Great!!
We keep you in our family prayers for your healing and comfort. We know of the joy you've brought to so many. This comes with a heartful of love, Henry and Wyline

June 02, 2006 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies,Brian,Kim,Michael,Pat,I miss eating breakfast on the deck with you this morning, enjoying your love, laughter, the beauty of your flowers, hope you all slept well and Moca did no growling to wake you last night! The visit was a touch of heaven, thank you Lord and Williams for demonstrating the love He has placed in your hearts. Great is Thy Faithfulness, constantthoughts,prayers,love,Alice

June 03, 2006 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice and Marguerite, can't thank you enough for your visit and assistance with the household! Mom had a wonderful time catching up.

June 03, 2006 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya'll, Marguerite tried to Blog before leaving for Columbus to attend Walker's confirmation with Bob, Mary Dell and family, she stated in a late night email that you are uppermost on her mind.
So very thankful you were out again on Sat. Marlies looks even stronger, Kimberly, I know we wore you out, please let me know that you are feeling much better and more rested! I almost called you today but afraid you were sneaking in a nap that I did not see you do the entire visit! Dennis is making blackberry cobbler, wish I could ship to you all....Jesus loves you, Aunt Alice does too!

June 04, 2006 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marlies,
You all are on all of our minds many times each day. Love you all.
Paula is excited as she is getting ready for her trip to Frankfort on Thursday.
Chap will leave a few days later for the World Cup in Berlin after he has celebrated his 63rd birthday at our favorite Italian restuarant tomorrow. He will be doing street ministry there.
Lee has just returned to Arequipa,Peru from a long trip to Chile and Argentina.Loved Buenos Aires.
Zachary's trips are to Turner Field to watch the Braves and mine are to the backyard. Hope the pictures arrived via email.
Glad Kim is taking good care of your plants. Will email her soon.
WOW!!! Your recent paintings are breathtaking. I left them on the screen for a long time and just enjoyed the details.
We thank God for you and we love you a WHOLE BUNCH.

June 04, 2006 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll, hope you've had a good day, did you sleep well last night, how is Moca behaving?!
I know you remembered to water the tomatoe plants, if it didn't rain, and the peppers out front....Kim, how are YOU, hug and kiss Marlies for me and since you hit the French, Chinese restaurants, maybe the Mexican is next...I love their chicken soup! Hugs, love, prayers!!

June 05, 2006 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Dell has taken me by the hand
to help me get a few lines off to you!We've had a nice visit with our "Borneman children"--getting to be here for his confirmtion was very special. Their new home is so pretty--very warm and homey. Kim, I thought about you today when I went with MaryDell to her favorite plant nursery and left with a van-load of plants --mostly for pots,etc. I've told everybody how pretty you've got the deck looking.Marlies, was the lunch as good at the Chinese res. as the Lafayette? Have you finished the scrumptious roasted banana ice cream Brian made while we were there?We're heading back to Lawrenceville tomorrow(Tues)Thinking 'bout you all. Love.Marguerite

June 05, 2006 11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright, show off...please put picture captions in southern english! i wasn't sure if "dim sim" was the result of your not making use of spellcheck or some weird washington slang or some german word your mom taught you as a child and you just guessed at how to spell it...whatever the case, mom and i both just nodded at the caption like we both knew exactly what it meant, being the intellects we are, and continued on reading, hoping the rest of the blogging would be in plain english! mom has been quite the traveling fool lately, barely back from your neck of the woods and then off to south ga. for a visit here with us, where the prisoners pick up our trash on tuesdays, bobcats roam and packs of coyotes howl and cell phones don't work. whoops, dogs are barking, cabinet men are here, love ya'll, kisses to marlies, later, love, mary dell

June 06, 2006 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, the pictures are wonderful. Lelo sent a note talking about them and how pretty they were/are. Reading from the blog and other emails floating about - show the love for you and your family, talk of the good visits and some fine meals enjoyed. Trust each day is better for you. George

June 06, 2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mary Dell, you crack me up. Would you rather see mom eating head cheese for breakfast? I didn't think so :)

Tomorrow we're taking mom to a nice Italian place in DC, she's looking forward to it. Say, what ethnic food do have there in Columbus area?

June 06, 2006 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Alice, Moca has stopped whining during the night - must have been a short bout of Spring Fever. The flowers look good and so does mom today. Hug ya back.

June 06, 2006 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for Moca news, it was Marguerite's snoring during Spring Fever...you know that 'country hick' song, "You are always on my mind"...singing good night to all of you, enjoy the Italian restaurant, wish we were there...mucho love! Alice & Dennis

June 06, 2006 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Everybody, I tried to blog you all last night but the instructions M. Dell gave me had already left my memory cells, my mind works a tad better in the am!My mouth waters when I think of the great pastas you probably enjoyed yesterday. Hope the outing was fun and food great. By the way, that snoring comment from Alice will be dealt with!! Merciful that Dennis has a hearing problem! Weather here is so nice--cool in the am--hoping same there so that Marlies can enjoy the deck.Errand-running day for us--going before the masses get on the highways in afternoon. We(I) inadverdantly got on 285(perimeter) coming home from M.D.'s--by the time we got home I was "tied in knots"--I prefer the "back" roads!You are such "pros" up there, wheeling and dealing in all that traffic.Much love to all. Auntie M

June 07, 2006 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...as matter of fact,brian, i had a big slab of head cheese and tall glass of goat's milk for breakfast!!!! columbus is all about ethnic food...let's see, we've got taco bell, kfc, the chinese rest. in hamilton that still has the previous owner's "hamilton pizza" sign on the building so that you go in to get pizza but quickly realize you will be having something with rice because you can't turn and run as that would be ethnically rude and your "big city" rudeness would be the talk of the town by the time you backed out of the parking spot, there's an ethnic ben and jerry's ice cream parlor and nothing's more ethnic than a krystal burger and a large sweet tea. i'm nauseated hearing about what amazing cooks and horticulturers you people are. i bet i could load and unload a uhaul truck faster than ya'll! sounds like ya'll are on some kind of restaurant tour up there. walker's eating a smore's pop tart right now and i had reeeeeally high fiber bread and peanut butter for breakfast. i'm thinking about popping open a can of tuna for lunch. don't be jealous of us just because we're eating food you can't seem to find up there. well, gotta go bounce the tiller off the dirt in the yard. so glad marlies is feeling up to all the restaurant hopping. you all stay in my thoughts and prayers. i love seeing marlies' paintings...love, mary dell

June 07, 2006 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Dell, don't sell yourself short. You are quite the gastronome. I recall that your ability to tell the difference between a "stewin" squirrel and a "bakin" squirrel was what won Bob's love. Krystal is ethnic enough for me. But shouldn't there be a nice Guatemalan mom & pop place near there by now, for yuca frita and pupusas. I help you find it when I come visit.

June 07, 2006 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...Regarding "ethnic" foods in Columbus, Mary Dell probably forgot about Bubba's Barbecue.

Marlies, I am still enjoying clicking on your paintings each day. I am amazed.

We send our love and prayers to you restaurant-hopping cousins.

June 08, 2006 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...as to the "ethnic" bubba's barbecue not making the cut in my list of ethnic eating in columbus...i know lelo knows that there are sooooooooo many barbecue places here, they should have a phone book just for barbecue pits in columbus.whenever you walk outside you can smell barbecue...as for you purchasing beef tongue for breakfast, i'm only hoping it was for the cats. poor cow! having to roam the pasture speechless! i can't imagine why the need for beef tongue when you are eating at such fabulous places almost daily. what makes the pizza at the pizzeria place unique? is there some "dim sum" mixed in? is a "gastronome" one of those little tine fairy type creatures that lives in an enchanted forest who has a problem with its digestive system? perhaps it ate one too many pupusas and yucky yuca fritas. write in english please brian!! as for the guatemalan ma and pa eatery, a little farther south with probably a sandspur salad on the menu. keep us informed of the next eating adventure. hope marlies continues to feel up to the lunch outings. tell pat koelling and i listened to his cd on the way to a wedding last friday night and thought it was verrry good. the zen song was my least favorite, we loved the "states" song and counting fingers. maybe he could add a song on beef tongue for breakfast! have a blessed day, hug marlies for me. love, mary dell

June 08, 2006 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies,
Here's hoping you've had a good couple of days. I couldn't get onto the blog yesterday.

I'm packing my bag for Boston, and hoping the weather will be cooler there than here. Whew! I think we reached near 100 yesterday. It's dry and HOT in Macon.

I want to hear more about Pat's c.d..

Take care, and I'll check in on you again tomorrow.
Love and hugs, Ben and Lelo

June 10, 2006 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gang, it's late saturday, we're watching a brian regan dvd and even though i've watched it 4 times, my face still hurts from laughing everytime i watch it. koelling is home with us this weekend. her birthday is next weekend but apparently she doesn't relish spending her 22'nd birthday with us in cataula so she is gracing us with her birthday presence this weekend:) she made her own birthday cake tonight and it turned out delicious. i'm sure it's no dim sum! it's hotter than you know where here. it's going to be 100 tomorrow. it it's 100 in june, what will it be in july and august? 200? we're watering like mad trying to keep the few plants we have alive. the water just laughs at me as it comes out of the sprinkler and practically bounces off the red clay that surrounds our home. hope ya'll are staying cool. it's hard to be pregnant in the summer. staying cool is a chore. i was reeeally pregnant 4 times in the summer. i am a slow learner! hope marlies is having a good weekend. kim, take care of yourself. later, mary dell

June 11, 2006 12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom is outta control. Can't we set a word limit or something? She's becoming a blogaholic! Jess and I have enjoyed keeping tabs on Marlies and the rest of y'all, and we also enjoyed looking at the paintings! Jessica, somewhat of a painter herself, was especially impressed.
In other news, if it makes anyone feel any better, especially you southern relations, its still in the freakin' 50s up here in MA. I'll trade you for one of those 110 and humid hotlanta days any time!
And I still don't know what "gastronome" is.
We'll be in touch!
Love,
Adam and Jessica

June 11, 2006 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ya-ll, or good night, ya-ll, just reading your blog space to see if any weekend news, hope it was a really good one, great hearing from Adam....so thankful he is not thinking of staying north longer than a degree....Aimee is looking like you now Kim , how are you doing, hope to hear news from you or Sister tomorrow, hug Marlies for me...lots of love and prayers, Aunt Alice

June 11, 2006 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,Ya'll, Rex and Koelling have both "turned in" for the night--I'm wide awake--had a few naps while reading/watching a little tv!!Hope things are running smoothly up there.I'm not going to bore you with facts about THE EXTREMELY HOT TEMPS DOWN HERE!
How was Michael's trip to Denmark? Know it meant a lot to his sister and parents for him to be there. HOPE all went well.Tell Pat I would like to purchase some of the cds to give as gifts. Alice and I know school and church educators who probably would be interested. Marlies, you were napping when I last talked to Kim--I'll catch you later. Thinking 'bout you all. Love, Auntie M

June 12, 2006 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a pretty good weekend and Michael returned on Monday with a glowing report of his sister's wedding.

I'm getting a nice mental picture of Mary Dell's new place, sounds like a gardening challenge. I'd really be impressed if she can grow one of these: http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/01775.html.

A note about the comments here, we've been missing them because they're attached to such an old post.

June 14, 2006 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That link again:
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/
Current/Detail/01775.html

June 14, 2006 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlies, Kim, Brian, Patrick,
Ben and I send good wishes your way and hope the rain has stopped!

I'm back after a two week visit to MA. I called Jessica and Adam's number, but Alice emailed that they were on way to or in Georgia. Adam described the weather right. We had the a.c. on only twice while I was there. The nightly breezes were so nice......

I hope you all (y'all) have a great weekend and 4th! We love you, Ben and Lelo

June 29, 2006 11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust today finds you resting and drying out in that area. Sarah's college/bridesmaid friend from 21st St. in Arlington VA spent the night and could not believe the weather reports since she left home, Brian, we hope your basement is not all mold and mildew! Wish we were there to pitch in with the daily duties, hug and kiss Marlies for us. When you have time to send a picture make sure it is a 'sideways' shot of Kimberly, I know Miss Priss has really grown in a month! We continue to remember each of you daily and through each waking hour in thought and prayer, God continue to strengthen you and pour out His love and joy in the midst of your home. Lots of love, Alice and Dennis

July 02, 2006 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I should stop denying the fact that my basement makes a great koi pond.

The weather is back to hot and sticky, as is typical during the 4th around here.

July 03, 2006 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben and I are counting on being at the service on Sept. 9th, and we hope to go to Buena Vista the next day also. We want to give you all a hug, and honor Marlies. We loved her.

We still hold you all in our prayers.

August 13, 2006 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy, cause I discovered just what I was looking for.
You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man.
Have a great day. Bye

My webpage - pirater Un Compte facebook

June 04, 2013 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home